Monday, August 27, 2007

Ok.. ok.. ok... sorry there haven't been any posts. Sorry that I never finished the trip stuff. No, we are not stuck in Dubois, WY! As you all know by now, we made it safely to Lexington and we are in the new house. We were without internet access for about 2 weeks, now having issues with the lack of network in the house. I download all my photos to the laptop and since I don't know how to hook up my Linksys it's going to be a pain getting the pics to the desktop computer. I was so good when we packed all the computer stuff in Portland. As I took it all apart, I made little drawings of how it was all hooked into the computer. I carefully labeled all the cords. I made sure to write on the box I packed it all in "Linksys" so I would be able to find it easily. Then Lexcom (local phone/cable/internet axis of evil) messed everything up. Why?? Because it was sooo much cheaper to get VOIP phone service. So now, my carefully drawn schematics are shot to hell... there are 3 little boxes now to hook up. I only had 2 in Portland! The blue cord should go in the top hole on the modem and then connect to the top hole in the Linksys...but how can I connect the blue cord when they've already connected it... and to the wrong box!!!! Sure.. I can call them up and they'd be happy to send out a dude who in 10 seconds could fix the problem... but I have issue with paying said dude $100.00 just to plug in my router! ARG :-(

So until I fix it... or just take 30 minutes and transfer files from one computer to the other I can't share the rest of the trip pics. I'll do it.. I will, just give me another week. HA!

Plus i've been fighting, what I have self diagnosed as cross country move lactose intolerance mystery disease, for about a week now. I'm sure it's either that or a case of delayed cross country move realization ulceritus. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it! I would send one of my techs to you, but they tend to fuss about being boxed up and shipped.
Good luck! And keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

I happen to know that you've been a little bored lately.

Why don't you spend some time uploading your damn travel photos?! Goober.